Addington Square Park , SE5
Addington Square Park is located in a secluded, pretty enclave backing onto Burgess Park.
It is surrounded by residential property and was named after Henry Addington, statesman and prime minister from 1801 to 1804. The garden was restored for public use in 1897 after being threatened with development and the space became permanently protected under the 'Gardens in Town Act'.
The houses of Addington square were threatened with demolition in the 1970s to allow for the expansion of Burgess Park but the Camberwell Society had the decision overturned.
The park itself is square in shape and there are plenty of beautiful flowerbeds and trees. There is also a modern, angular sculpture by the artist Hamish Horsley which sits in the middle of the space.